Bonus shares attribution
Is there any bonus shares attribution ?
At its meeting held on February 29, 2012 and following the Supervisory Board’s advice, Vivendi’s Management Board decided to grant to shareowners as from May 9, 2012 one bonus share per 30 shares held, by a withdrawal from reserves.
Record date: May 8, 2012.
Allocation date: starting May 9, 2012.
No trading of fractional rights
- The shareholders who have not the whole number of shares depending on the parity 1 to 30, will receive compensation in cash for the fractional rights in early June.
Tax (for fiscal French residents)
- No taxation at the attribution.
- If the allocated shares are sold, taxes apply to the capital gains on the sale at a rate of 21% in addition to the 15.5% social security withholding (36.5% total).
N.B.: As of January 1, 2013, progressive exemptions can be applied to capital gains on the sale, depending on how long the shares were held, excluding social security withholdings:
– tax relief of 20% between 2 and 4 years;
– tax relief of 30% between 4 and 6 years;
– tax relief of 40% over 6 years.
The length of time the shares were held is calculated as of the vesting date.