Declaration of intent concerning Vivendi’s equity interest in Ubisoft and Gameloft
Paris, October 26, 2015
Declaration of intent concerning
Vivendi’s equity interest in Ubisoft and Gameloft
To supplement the communication of October 22, 2015, regarding its equity interest increase in Ubisoft Entertainment and Gameloft, Vivendi indicates that:
– Vivendi’s acquisitions were financed through its disposable cash.
– Vivendi is not acting together with any third party in connection with its investments in Ubisoft and Gameloft and has not entered into a temporary sale agreement concerning the shares or voting rights of either of the two companies.
– Vivendi does not hold instruments and is not a party to agreements such as those referred to in paragraphs 4° and 4° bis of Article L.233-9 of the French Code de commerce (Trade Code).
– The Group is considering continuing to acquire shares depending on market conditions. These acquisitions were not specifically designed as a preparatory step for a plan to takevover Ubisoft and Gameloft. Nevertheless, over the six coming months, Vivendi cannot rule out the possibility of considering such a plan.
– Vivendi might request, in due time, to be represented on the Board of Directors of the two companies.
– Vivendi’s investment in the Ubisoft and Gameloft business sector is part of a strategic vision of operational convergence between Vivendi’s content and platforms and the two companies’ productions in the field of video games. Since this strategy does not require any modification to Ubisoft and Gameloft’s legal or financial organization, Vivendi does not consider any of the transactions referred to in Article 223-17, I, 6° of the AMF Règlement Général (General Regulations).
Vivendi is an integrated media and content group. The company operates businesses throughout the media value chain, from talent discovery to the creation, production and distribution of content. The main subsidiaries of Vivendi comprise Canal+ Group and Universal Music Group. Canal+ is the leading pay-TV operator in France, and also serves markets in Africa, Poland and Vietnam. Canal+ operations include Studiocanal, a leading European player in production, sales and distribution of film and TV series. Universal Music Group is the world leader in recorded music, music publishing and merchandising, with more than 50 labels covering all genres. A separate division, Vivendi Village, brings together Vivendi Ticketing (ticketing in the UK, France and the U.S.), MyBestPro (experts counseling), Watchever (subscription video-on-demand) and the Paris-based concert venue L’Olympia. With 3 billion videos viewed each month, Dailymotion is one of the biggest aggregation and distribution platforms in the world. www.vivendi.com, www.cultureswithvivendi.com