Vivendi’s tax policy aims to ensure that:
- the Group’s attitude towards tax is clearly understood at all levels;
- appropriate structures are identified and implemented so that taxes are properly calculated and paid in the relevant territories within the prescribed time frames;
- appropriate accounting policies (including transfer pricing policies) are identified and followed so that taxes are properly calculated and paid in the relevant territories;
- tax reliefs which are rightfully available to the group are identified and claimed when appropriate;
- external advisers engaged by the group have the requisite qualifications and reputation;
- open and constructive relationships with local tax authorities are developed and maintained wherever possible and permitted by local law; and
- in the event that any company or part of the Group is subjected to a tax audit, the appropriate staff and/or external advisers are assigned to the matter so as to ensure the proper conduct of the audit process and its conclusion as quickly as possible.
The policy applies to all types of taxes at every jurisdiction level (local, regional and national).